- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard, dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (3 cups) or 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated (3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, evaporated milk, pepper sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and mustard mixture in bowl.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil then add 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and the macaroni. Cook till tender but still firm. Drain; return to pan over low heat and add butter toss to melt.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta with 3/4 of the cheese stir until melted. Slowly add reminder of milk and cheese until hot and creamy.