Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Real comfort food; a great polish dish given to me by my mom
- 2 Polish sausage (kielbasa)
- 6 potatoes, cooked and sliced about 1/2 thick
- 2 lbs sauerkraut
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- salt and pepper
- Slice kielbasa into 1 inch rounds; brown in skillet.
- Brown the onions.
- Drain juice from sauerkraut and add 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar.
- In a large casserole, make layers of sliced potatoes, sauerkraut, kielbasa, and onions.
- Mix soup with 1/2 cup water and pour over other ingredients.
- Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes until top is brown.