Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
easy to make. can be cooked up to 3 days before eating.
Make and share this Bigos recipe from Food.com.
- Chop cabbage coarse.
- Drain saurkraut.
- Mix both in a cooking pot with the 4 cups of water in a cooking pot (make sure to be big enough, so the rest of the ingredients can be added to it), take it to boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Cut kielbasa in round strips about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut bacon in coarse strips.
- Cut smoked ribs in pieces, about three ribs per piece.
- Chop onions and fry lightly in 1tsp of butter.
- Add all ingredients into pot and cook for about one and a half hour on low heat or until meat separates from rib bone.
- Stir from time to time so it won't burn or stick to bottom.
- Keep pot covered while cooking.
- Serve hot with bread.
- Can last in fridge for about 3 days, better if eaten next day.
- Can be frozen up to about a month.