Recipe by Xexe
A Twist on Original Pound cake
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Yummy! This made a beautiful soft cake for me today. I used low-fat plain yogurt as a substitute for the sour cream. We enjoyed this cake for dessert tonight. Thanks so much for a nice treat after a wonderful home cooked meal;-)!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan lightly with oil and dust it lightly with flour and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir with a large spoon untill mixed.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes untill fluffy.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan being sure to level the batter out.
- Bake on 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or untill a fork or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.