Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Twist on Original Pound cake
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan lightly with oil and dust it lightly with flour and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir with a large spoon untill mixed.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes untill fluffy.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan being sure to level the batter out.
- Bake on 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or untill a fork or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Yummy! This made a beautiful soft cake for me today. I used low-fat plain yogurt as a substitute for the sour cream. We enjoyed this cake for dessert tonight. Thanks so much for a nice treat after a wonderful home cooked meal;-)!
I love this pound cake. The texture is perfect. The crust is perfect. The flavor is perfect. It is a perfect pound cake . I can eat the entire cake by myself :)
If I could give this recipe 10 stars I would. This is the best pound cake I've ever had! It has the perfect texture, taste and appearance. I used a vanilla glaze (icing sugar, butter and vanilla extract) and it was heavenly. I excluded the lemon rind because from past experience, it gives too much of a lemony taste. A big thank you to BigJay, this recipe is fantastic, simple to make and so scrumptious.