Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rub is great for roasting chicken
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds (Toasted)
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds (Toasted)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- Toast the cumin and coriander seed in a small skillet.
- Then add all of the ingredients in a coffee grinder.
- Grind untill coarsely ground or fine.
This was an excellent rub I used the other night on drumsticks. However...I don't know if the recipe is wrong, or if it is supposed to be THAT salty. It knocked our socks off (salt wise)! I would like to make this again, but reduce the salt to say 2 tbs. instead. 1/4 cup salt was just over the top. However, I think it has a lot of potential, for us anyways, if we just drop that a bit. Thank you for sharing! LA :-)