Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from the Biggest Loser cookbook and is a personal favorite of mine. We ask our butcher to ground pork tenderloin. I usually have this for breakfast with a Western Alternative Bagel, egg/egg substitute and FF cheese. You can also chopp this up in omlets or other egg type dishes. A very healthy alternative to sausage. If you don't like pork, ground turkey or chicken is easily substituted. Don't be intimidated to make your own sausage, it's easy, and takes no time at all.
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin, ground or 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide into 4 portions and shape into patties.
- TO PREPARE AND EAT NOW: Cook in non-stick skillet for one to two minutes per side until cooked through. May spray pan with cooking spray if desired.
- TO FREEZE: Can be frozen in individual uncooked portions. I, however, make several batches at once and freeze after being fully cooked.
- TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING: Heat up in microwave either from frozen or thawed out state between a paper towel.