Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from the Biggest Loser Cookbook, and I love that it's so easy and that it's a low calorie and fat free treat! *Note: Cooking time is the freezing time* The cookbook says 25 calories, 0 g fat, but I think that was calculated without the whipped topping.
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packet fat-free sugar-free hot cocoa mix
- 2 tablespoons aerosol fat-free whipped topping (optional)
- In a small freezer-safe plastic container with a lid, combine the water and chocolate mix.
- Stir or whisk to dissolve the powder completely.
- Let stand to cool.
- Cover the container and place in the freezer for 4 to 5 hours, or until solid.
- To serve:.
- Let the container stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or until the hot chocolate is just starting to melt slightly around the edges.
- Or, place the container in the microwave and cook on high power for about 30 seconds.
- It should still be somewhat hard and need to be scraped with a spoon.
- Dollop with whipped topping, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Well this was a nice little treat and very simple to put together. I'm not sure if the texture is something I really like but the kids thought it was fun they were eating frozen hot cocoa after school today. It does have a great flavor. Can't be beat with the few calories that might be in this (even though none are showing). Made for your win in Football Pool Week #6
1 WW point and very tasty! I don't have much of a sweet tooth but when I do actually want something sweet, I don't need much. This hits the spot for those moments. I froze this last night, heated it in the microwave for 30 seconds today and chipped it apart. Delicious! Made for Football Tag, week 6. Thanks! :)