1/5 Photos of Biggest Loser White House Salad
Nov. 3, 2009, the cast and contestants from the NBC competition weightloss show The Biggest Loser harvested veggies from the White House Kitchen Garden with Food Initiative Coodinator Sam Kass, then went into the kitchen to "cook" it with Kass and Executive Chef Cris Comerford.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head of fresh lettuce, wash, dry and cut into bite size pieces (or use mixed lettuces)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 red onion, peeled and cut as thinly as possible
- 1 bunch fresh basil, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and basil and parsley in large mixing bowl.
- 2In a sealable container, combine oil, lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper.
- 3Cover container and shake vigorously.
- 4Add dressing to salad and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biggest Loser White House Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1081 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: