Recipe by Sharon123
Nov. 3, 2009, the cast and contestants from the NBC competition weightloss show The Biggest Loser harvested veggies from the White House Kitchen Garden with Food Initiative Coodinator Sam Kass, then went into the kitchen to "cook" it with Kass and Executive Chef Cris Comerford.
- 1 head of fresh lettuce, wash, dry and cut into bite size pieces (or use mixed lettuces)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 red onion, peeled and cut as thinly as possible
- 1 bunch fresh basil, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and basil and parsley in large mixing bowl.
- In a sealable container, combine oil, lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper.
- Cover container and shake vigorously.
- Add dressing to salad and serve immediately. Enjoy!