Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
The final recipe that was created by Chef Curtis South for the Biggest Loser Tailgating event. I think I could eat this salad every day, it was so pretty.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, and finely diced
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- On a clean work surface lay out several even layers of plastic wrap approximately 1 foot wide and place one chicken breast over the plastic.
- Cover the chicken with another piece of layered plastic and lightly pound the chicken breast with a meat mallet or meat tenderizer until the chicken breast is thinned out to about a ½ inch thickness, being careful not to rip or tear the chicken breast. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Lightly brush the grill with a little vegetable oil.
- Season each side of the chicken generously with the spice mix and reserve any remaining spice mix for a later use in an airtight container.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking mix the lemon juice, garlic, cucumber and yogurt in a small mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- Remove the chicken from the grill to a plate and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Arrange the greens on a large serving platter. Place the chicken breasts atop the greens and drizzle the sauce over and around the chicken. Garnish the chicken with cilantro leaves and serve.