Pixie's Kitchen's Note:
The final recipe that was created by Chef Curtis South for the Biggest Loser Tailgating event. I think I could eat this salad every day, it was so pretty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, and finely diced
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- 2On a clean work surface lay out several even layers of plastic wrap approximately 1 foot wide and place one chicken breast over the plastic.
- 3Cover the chicken with another piece of layered plastic and lightly pound the chicken breast with a meat mallet or meat tenderizer until the chicken breast is thinned out to about a ½ inch thickness, being careful not to rip or tear the chicken breast. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- 4Lightly brush the grill with a little vegetable oil.
- 5Season each side of the chicken generously with the spice mix and reserve any remaining spice mix for a later use in an airtight container.
- 6Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- 7While the chicken is cooking mix the lemon juice, garlic, cucumber and yogurt in a small mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- 8Remove the chicken from the grill to a plate and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Arrange the greens on a large serving platter. Place the chicken breasts atop the greens and drizzle the sauce over and around the chicken. Garnish the chicken with cilantro leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biggest Loser Grilled, Spiced Chicken With Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens