1/3 Photos of Biggest Loser Creamy Tuna Lemon and Garlic Pasta
Adapted from the Australian Biggest Loser cookbook. Will be posting other recipes using evaporated milk as it's such a wonderful ingredient... the feel of a rich, creamy sauce but a lot lower in fat. Hope you enjoy this! I think you could use other pasta shapes too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 300 g fusilli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (185 g) can evaporated milk (I use Light n Creamy)
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in water, drained, flaked
- salt and pepper (we skipped the salt)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (to serve)
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- 1Cook pasta as packet directs then drain and set aside.
- 2Heat pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- 3Cook onion for three minutes or until tender then add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until just starting to color.
- 4Increase heat to high and add lemon juice, zest and stock and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the evaporated milk and flaked tuna then cook for another 2 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper as desired (lots of pepper no salt for us).
- 5Add pasta and parsley to the pan and fold pasta and sauce together gently to combine. Heat just a couple of minutes until heated through.
- 6Serve hot in warm bowls topped with either the parmesan as the recipe suggests, or as we did with capers instead as they go wonderfully well with tuna.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biggest Loser Creamy Tuna Lemon and Garlic Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 490.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 39.9 g