Recipe by MrsSPheonix
Adapted from the Australian Biggest Loser cookbook. Will be posting other recipes using evaporated milk as it's such a wonderful ingredient... the feel of a rich, creamy sauce but a lot lower in fat. Hope you enjoy this! I think you could use other pasta shapes too.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 300 g fusilli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (185 g) can evaporated milk (I use Light n Creamy)
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in water, drained, flaked
- salt and pepper (we skipped the salt)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (to serve)
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as packet directs then drain and set aside.
- Heat pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Cook onion for three minutes or until tender then add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until just starting to color.
- Increase heat to high and add lemon juice, zest and stock and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the evaporated milk and flaked tuna then cook for another 2 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper as desired (lots of pepper no salt for us).
- Add pasta and parsley to the pan and fold pasta and sauce together gently to combine. Heat just a couple of minutes until heated through.
- Serve hot in warm bowls topped with either the parmesan as the recipe suggests, or as we did with capers instead as they go wonderfully well with tuna.