Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Rev up your morning with this energizing cheese and turkey bacon-filled burrito! Excerpted from The Biggest Loser Cookbook." -From the Prevention.com website I haven't tried these but wanted to add it for my menu purposes.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 strip nitrate-free turkey bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons seeded chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 whole wheat flour, 96% fat-free tortilla (8-inch diameter)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons red taco sauce
- Mist a small microwaveable bowl with olive oil spray. Add the egg whites. Set aside.
- Set a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to mist with cooking spray.
- Set over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.
- Add the tomato. Cook for about 1 minute, or until just heated.
- Transfer the bacon mixture to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Place the tortilla in the pan and return to medium-high heat. Cook for about 30 seconds per side, or until just warm.
- Meanwhile, microwave the egg whites on low power for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until they are just a bit runny on top. Stir them with a fork, breaking into large pieces. If they are still undercooked, cook them in 10-second intervals until just done.
- Stir in the reserved bacon mixture.
- Place the tortilla on a serving plate. Sprinkle on the cheese leaving about 2" bare on one end, in an even strip (about 3" wide) running down the center. Top with the reserved egg white mixture and drizzle on the taco sauce. Fold the bare end of the tortilla up over the filling, and then fold the sides of the tortilla over the middle.
- Serve your breakfast burrito immediately.
- Per serving: 251 calories, 24 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 28 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 630 mg sodium.