"Rev up your morning with this energizing cheese and turkey bacon-filled burrito! Excerpted from The Biggest Loser Cookbook." -From the Prevention.com website I haven't tried these but wanted to add it for my menu purposes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mist a small microwaveable bowl with olive oil spray. Add the egg whites. Set aside.
- 2Set a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to mist with cooking spray.
- 3Set over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.
- 5Add the tomato. Cook for about 1 minute, or until just heated.
- 6Transfer the bacon mixture to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- 7Place the tortilla in the pan and return to medium-high heat. Cook for about 30 seconds per side, or until just warm.
- 8Meanwhile, microwave the egg whites on low power for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until they are just a bit runny on top. Stir them with a fork, breaking into large pieces. If they are still undercooked, cook them in 10-second intervals until just done.
- 9Stir in the reserved bacon mixture.
- 10Place the tortilla on a serving plate. Sprinkle on the cheese leaving about 2" bare on one end, in an even strip (about 3" wide) running down the center. Top with the reserved egg white mixture and drizzle on the taco sauce. Fold the bare end of the tortilla up over the filling, and then fold the sides of the tortilla over the middle.
- 11Serve your breakfast burrito immediately.
- 12Per serving: 251 calories, 24 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 28 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 630 mg sodium.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biggest Loser Breakfast Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 608.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat flour