Recipe by lets.eat
An Allrecipe recipe. the original recipe called for teriyaki sauce and salt, that overall made it too salty, so I added A-1 steak sauce to it instead. The original recipe also called to mix in 6 slices of American cheese, well we all know that would turn into a mess so I used tiny bits of Velvetta instead. Cook time is quite severe so cook according to how you like it.
Top Review by Margie99
These were okay. I did everything as instructed except I cooked them on my George Foreman grill and it was a mess cheese was everywhere. They also fell apart but if I had broiled them I'd bet these wouldn't be such problems. I also thought the basil was overpowering. I so wanted to like these but we probably won't make them again, sorry.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (boxed is fine for this)
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 cups finely diced Velveeta cheese
- 6 onion rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, and basil, mix well. Add the bread crumbs, cheese and steak sauce. Mix all this together well and divide into 4-6 large round balls.
- Place the hamburger balls onto a broiler pan, evenly spaced. Press down on each ball with pam sprayed spatula, until a round patty is formed.
- Broil for 8 minutes, turn patty over, and broil for 8 minutes more, the outside of the patty will be WELL seared!.
- Remove from oven and serve on the onion rolls.