Recipe by BigFatMomma
This is a better version of a granola cookie recipe. It uses Sucanat (an unrefined sweetener--you can find it at Wegmans or at health food stores) and Hemp Plus granola, which is a lighter granola with puffs in it, and flaxseed. (Don't worry, it's safe to eat, even for children). These cook up light and airy, and taste heavenly. Note: they're a little less healthy if you eat the whole batch...*burp*
Top Review by Joanna K
the kids and me loved these! Granola and PB are two of our favorite things, so I was really happy to find a recipe that combined both. We vegan-ized them by subbing coconut butter and vegan margarine for the butter and flax seeds for the eggs. Perfect!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sucanat or 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup natural-style chunky peanut butter (no sugar)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups hemp plus granola cereal (or other light, airy granola)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and Sucanat together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Sift flour, salt baking powder and cinnamon into butter mixture, and stir until well blended.
- Stir in granola cereal and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Flatten slightly with spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Carefully remove to cooling rack--they will be soft and fragile but will harden once cooled.