2 hrs 15 mins
The tastes of chicken and sage stuffing--all in one loaf of bread! I came up with this when I didn't want cheese in my onion bread. It starts with frozen bread dough, so it's easy, and it tastes just like stuffing, with a hint of chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, spread or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2-1 teaspoon jarred chicken soup base
- garlic salt
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1Thaw frozen bread dough according to package.
- 2Heat margarine or spread until melted, over medium heat.
- 3Add sage, celery seed, pepper, salt, parsley and soup base, stir to mix, and add onion.
- 4Saute onion until translucent and limp.
- 5When bread has thawed and is doubled in size, roll out to about 8x12 rectangle.
- 6Spread mixture onto dough, leaving about a 1 inch edge around the whole rectangle.
- 7Roll up, long side, like a jelly roll.
- 8Pinch seams and ends to seal.
- 9Place in greased large loaf pan, and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 10Spray top with cooking spray to coat, sprinkle with garlic salt, or plain salt and sage.
- 11Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until browned, and the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bigfatmomma's Chicken and Stuffing Bread
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen white bread dough