1/2 Photos of Bigfatmomma's Better-for-you Pumpkin Muffins
A light, fluffy, whole-wheat pumpkin muffin with no refined sugar. Hearty, homey taste, and the kitchen smells like heaven when they're cooking. Sucanat can be found at whole foods stores or at Wegmans in bulk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sucanat or 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- 3With an electric mixer, cream butter until soft.
- 4Add sucanat and molasses, and beat until light and fluffy.
- 5Add egg and pumpkin, stir until well blended.
- 6Sift flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg into the butter mixture, and fold in, being careful not to overmix.
- 7Gently fold in raisins.
- 8Spoon equal amounts into muffin tin.
- 9Bake until the tops spring back when lightly touched, about 12-15 minutes.
- 10Let cool in pan 3 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bigfatmomma's Better-for-you Pumpkin Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 267.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: