Recipe by BigFatMomma
Adapted from the 1961 Better Homes & Gardens Dessert Cookbook, and tweaked for extra goodness. It's incredibly easy, and tastes just as good as regular cheesecake. Only uses 8 ounces of cream cheese, so it's convenient, too.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sucanat (unrefined cane sugar) or 1⁄4 cup granulated brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packageneufchatel low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs, sucanat and softened butter with hands until incorporated.
- Press into 8 inch pie plate, building up the sides.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the 1/2 cup of sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, blending each in thoroughly.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until set, but not brown.
- Top with desired toppings, if you wish, but the pie is fine by itself.