Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is a specialty of the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue at Disneyland Park, Anaheim, California. This recipe can also be made using a barbecue grill. Cook first in the oven and then when it's time to add the BBQ sauce, finish on the grill.
- 354.88 ml dry rub seasonings (Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub)
- 1814.36 g rack pork spareribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml barbecue sauce (recommend Bullseye)
Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub Ingredients
- 36.97 ml lemon pepper
- 29.58 ml seasoning salt
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 3.69 ml cayenne pepper
- Combine all Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle Citrus BBQ Rub on both sides of ribs, rubbing the meat to adhere. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ribs in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet, and pour water into pan. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from oven and uncover. Pour off any excess water. Evenly coat top of ribs with barbecue sauce. Return pan to oven and roast for 30 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover lightly with foil. Let ribs rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the ribs between each bone with a serrated knife. Serve immediately.