1 hr 45 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is a specialty of the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue at Disneyland Park, Anaheim, California. This recipe can also be made using a barbecue grill. Cook first in the oven and then when it's time to add the BBQ sauce, finish on the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml dry rub seasonings (Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub)
- 1814.36 g rack pork spareribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml barbecue sauce (recommend Bullseye)
Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub Ingredients
- 1Combine all Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- 2Sprinkle Citrus BBQ Rub on both sides of ribs, rubbing the meat to adhere. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ribs in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet, and pour water into pan. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- 4Remove the pan from oven and uncover. Pour off any excess water. Evenly coat top of ribs with barbecue sauce. Return pan to oven and roast for 30 minutes more.
- 5Remove the pan from the oven and cover lightly with foil. Let ribs rest for 10 minutes.
- 6Slice the ribs between each bone with a serrated knife. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Thunder BBQ Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1413.5
- Calories from Fat 968
- Total Fat 107.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.3 g
- Cholesterol 363.5 mg
- Sodium 939.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 71.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings