Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is a specialty of the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue at Disneyland Park, Anaheim, California. This recipe can also be made using a barbecue grill. Cook first in the oven and then when it's time to add the BBQ sauce, finish on the grill.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry rub seasonings (Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub)
- 1 (4 lb) rack pork spareribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (recommend Bullseye)
Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub Ingredients
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle Citrus BBQ Rub on both sides of ribs, rubbing the meat to adhere. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ribs in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet, and pour water into pan. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from oven and uncover. Pour off any excess water. Evenly coat top of ribs with barbecue sauce. Return pan to oven and roast for 30 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover lightly with foil. Let ribs rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the ribs between each bone with a serrated knife. Serve immediately.