Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The name says it all--this sandwich is big, thick and buttery, with a slight kick from the horseradish! Very quick and easy to prepare, makes a yummy lunch or simple dinner. Serve warm, with a pickle spear and chips, add a cup of soup or side salad for a more substantial meal. A side of Avocado Horseradish Spread California Avocado Horseradish Spread/Sauce #284084 makes a tasty dipping sauce. May use sliced oven roasted or deli roast beef, or my Shredded Beef (Crock Pot) Versatile Roast Beef in the Crock Pot #269126, pile it on as thickly as you wish, and I hope you enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 lb sliced roast beef, warm (or Shredded Beef Versatile Roast Beef in the Crock Pot #269126)
- 4 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 8 slices whole wheat bread (or sourdough)
- avocado, horseradish spread (California Avocado Horseradish Spread/Sauce # 284084 optional, for dipping)
- For each sandwich:.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon horseradish on each slice of bread.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter (or more) in a skillet on medium-low heat. Add a slice of bread to skillet and pile on 1/4 lb. warm roast beef. Top with second bread slice.
- Cook for 4 or 5 minutes until bread is golden. Carefully flip sandwich over. Lift top bread slice and insert a thick slice of cheddar cheese. Cook another 5 minutes until cheese begins to melt and bread is golden.
- Repeat with each sandwich. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Serve warm, with a pickle spear and chips, add a cup of soup or side salad for a more substantial meal. Avocado Horseradish Spread recipe #284084 makes a lovely sandwich dip.
I loved this sammie, Becky! Had some left-over shredded beef in the freezer and made this YUMMO baby for lunch. Really a great lunch! THX
GREAT!!! Made with your melt it mouth shredded beef and loved it!! We don't care for horseradish, but I did use caramelized onions. Also, used monterey jack cheese instead. I will be making this often I am sure.
I used deli roast beef and rye bread. Yum!! No horseradish on hubby's. Made this two nights in a row for a simple dinner. Just added a salad.