Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on a yahoo blog. Sounds delicious!!!!!
Make and share this Big Sur Power Bar Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or regular butter)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened crisp brown crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1⁄4 cup natural cane sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground espresso beans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan with the coconut oil. If you like thick power bars, opt for an 8 by 8-inch pan; for thinner bars, use a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- On a rimmed baking sheet toast the pecans, almonds, and coconut for about 7 minutes, or until the coconut is deeply golden. Toss once or twice along the way. Mix the oats, toasted nuts, coconut, and the cereal, together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the rice syrup, sugar, salt, espresso, and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly as it comes to a boil and thickens just a bit, about 4 minutes. Pour the syrup over the oat mixture and stir until it is evenly incorporated.
- Spread into the prepared pan and cool to room temperature before cutting into whatever size bars you desire.