Doxie lover in the Rock 2's Note:
Found on a yahoo blog. Sounds delicious!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or regular butter)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened crisp brown crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground espresso beans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan with the coconut oil. If you like thick power bars, opt for an 8 by 8-inch pan; for thinner bars, use a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- 2On a rimmed baking sheet toast the pecans, almonds, and coconut for about 7 minutes, or until the coconut is deeply golden. Toss once or twice along the way. Mix the oats, toasted nuts, coconut, and the cereal, together in a large bowl and set aside.
- 3Combine the rice syrup, sugar, salt, espresso, and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly as it comes to a boil and thickens just a bit, about 4 minutes. Pour the syrup over the oat mixture and stir until it is evenly incorporated.
- 4Spread into the prepared pan and cool to room temperature before cutting into whatever size bars you desire.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Sur Power Bar Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice syrup