Recipe by sarah85
A great flavorful marinade recipe for a summer BBQ.
Top Review by brainonfire
I don't know why it's taken me so long to review this - it's become my favorite steak marinade over the past year or so. It's great for the BBQ - it has a really nice blend of flavors that don't overwhelm the taste of the steak itself.
- 1 top round steak (top round 2-3 inch thick)
- 236.59 ml water
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml dry mustard
- 236.59 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 1-2 garlic clove, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix together water, brown sugar, dry mustard, soy sauce, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, ketchup, garlic, and pepper.
- Place meat in a plastic ziploc bag. Pour in marinade mixture. Marinate for at least 4 hours in refrigerator. For best results marinate over night.
- Take meat out an hour prior to cooking. Grill steak. When steak is cook to desired taste, tent with tin foil and allow to rest before slicing.
- (This marinade is good for other kinds of beef steaks).