Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
From Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on Food Network.
Top Review by ForeverMama
Before I made this meatloaf I looked it up on foodnetwork to review if there were any comments that may be relevant and I found that there were comments concerning the amount of the thyme and dryness. So instead of adding the 3 tablespoons of thyme as the recipe suggested I added about 1 1/2 teaspoons which was plenty as indicated by the end result. I also added extra bread crumbs and an extra egg and I think I made the right choice because the meatloaf was perfectly moist. The other ingredients in the recipe, A1 sauce, Montreal seasoning, Worcestershire certainly did add to a wonderful flavor. I added some onion powder, and next time I will add sauteed onions, bell peppers, celery which will add extra moistness. Served it with ajus gravy and it was a great, well enjoyed meal. Thank you ElizabethKnicely for sharing!
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce (A1)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons steak seasoning (Montreal)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large bowl, mix steak sauce, ground beef, garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, and steak seasoning until well blended. Then, add bread crumbs and mix until incorporated.
- Place in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and shape into a loaf. Add water to pan to come up to 1/4-inch of the meat loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until done.