Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Real Simple Magazine December 2004-January 2005. You can serve these meatballs with jarred marinara sauce with a homemade chunky tomato sauce.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 slices soft bread, crusts removed and torn into pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients, 1 cup of the Parmesan, and 2 t. of the pepper. Mix just to combine.
- Shape the mixture into 16 to 18 large meatballs (each should be about 3/4 cup of meat). Place on a baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the ricotta with the remaining Parmesan and the remaining pepper; set aside.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes in upper third of oven. Remove from oven and turn on broiler.
- Spoon 1 T. of the ricotta mixture onto each meatball. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until the ricotta just starts to brown. Serve with marinara sauce.