- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup coarse sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease large cookie sheets.
- In medium bowl, mix first 4 ingredients until well combined; set aside.
- In large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and 1 cup of the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in half the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in remaining flour mixture with a spoon (dough will be very soft). Spoon dough by heaping tablespoons on prepared baking sheets about 3 inches apart, making about 24 cookies.
- Butter the base of a flat bottomed glass that about 3 inches wide. Dip bottom of glass into the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Use sugared glass to flatten cookies into 3 inch rounds, coating bottom of glass with sugar each time.
- Sprinkle cookies with some coarse sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly pressed. (Cookies will be very light in color).
- Immediately remove to racks to cool.