Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A family favorite at the holidays.
Make and share this Big Soft Sour Cream Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve baking soda and salt in Sour cream.
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in Sour cream mixture.
- Slowly add flour, and mix well.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Roll out and cut with your favorite shapes (Be sure not to roll too thin).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool, and decorate with your favorite Icing(I prefer Royal Icing).
Great recipe - very easy and as others have mentioned, it's perfectly moist and has a wonderful cakey texture.
This is a great recipe! They're a nice, cakey cookie which is what I was looking for. I will recommend using full fat sour cream. I used 1/2 fat and you could definitely taste a bit of a funky flavor but that was my fault. I might add a little bit more sugar next time. They stay nice and soft when you put frosting on them.
Thank you! This is a long lost family recipe! I tried many sour cream sugar cookie recipes until I found the right one... this is it! THANK YOU!