These cookies have gotten rave reviews at our family get-togethers. They are posted on the All Recipes website and are 5 star cookies! Here is what the chef has to say: "These are just what they say: big, soft, gingerbread cookies. They stay soft, too. My oldest son's favorite." Thank you for making this available to us all!
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- 5Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- 6Shape dough into walnut sized balls and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 7Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- 8Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 9Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Soft Ginger Cookies - from the Allrecipes Website
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 147.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g