This makes a very tasty moist "fresh out of the oven" flavored cookie--even the next day. These went fast. Recipe courtesy of Barbara Gray of Boise, Idaho and Country Woman October/November 2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in egg and molasses.
- 3Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- 4Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 5Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and then roll in sugar.
- 6Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 7Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
- 8Remove to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Soft Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 105.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g