Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This makes a very tasty moist "fresh out of the oven" flavored cookie--even the next day. These went fast. Recipe courtesy of Barbara Gray of Boise, Idaho and Country Woman October/November 2010.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and then roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.