Recipe by dojemi
"These are the very best chocolate chip cookies you will ever make. They make spectacular ice cream sandwiches especially with coffee ice cream". From The New England Soup Factory.
- 1 cup whole butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure bourbon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 ounces ghiradelli double chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix to combine. Do not over mix or you will have tough cookies.
- Add the chocolate chips in by hand and stir.
- With an ice cream scoop that is medium sized scoop batter onto parchment lined cookie sheets 3-4 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets after 1 minute and let cool on cooling racks.