Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
"These are the very best chocolate chip cookies you will ever make. They make spectacular ice cream sandwiches especially with coffee ice cream". From The New England Soup Factory.
- 1 cup whole butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure bourbon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 ounces ghiradelli double chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix to combine. Do not over mix or you will have tough cookies.
- Add the chocolate chips in by hand and stir.
- With an ice cream scoop that is medium sized scoop batter onto parchment lined cookie sheets 3-4 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets after 1 minute and let cool on cooling racks.
Made these for Mother's Day Gift and they are so fabulous!!! Used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chips in recipe.
It's a keeper! The only substitution I made was I used Target brand mini chocolate chips. The cookies have been sitting out for over 2 hours uncovered and it's still soft and chewy. There's a burst of chocolate chip in every bite. Very moist in the middle. Goes perfect with vanilla bean ice cream as well.
I made these this afternoon, with a pretty substantial twist. I added about a cup of peanut butter, and when rolling the cookies into a ball, I actually rolled them around a miniature peanut butter cup. SO delicious.