Recipe by jenlyn33922
Another WW recipe, doesn't taste fat free. These are great, my husband and children love them and I don't tell them they are low-cal, low-fat!
Top Review by chorner
really great for a healthy chocolate treat. i substitute both sugar and brown sugar with splenda substitutes and use mostly WW flour - still great. a bit dry, try adding a little skim milk.
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup artificial sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl and microwave on High 15 seconds, stir, then continue microwaving in 10 second increments until halfway melted. Remove from the microwave and continue stirring until completely melted.
- With an electric mixer on high, beat the egg whites in a large bowl until foamy, about 30 seconds. Beat in both sugars until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the melted chocolate. Remove the beaters and stir in the flour, whole-wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt all at once with a wooden spoon, just until moistened.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until puffed, cracked, and dry, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then cool completely on a rack. Cool the baking sheet for 5 minutes before baking additional batches. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.