Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lovely tangy sausage rolls perfect for a picnic, to take to lunch or served warm straight out of the oven!
- 1 ounce butter
- 3 1⁄2 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 lb sausage meat
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb premade puff pastry, rolled
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the mushrooms until soft. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, thyme and sausage meat and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the puff pastry into 8 x 2½-inch strips.
- Place a layer of sausage meat mixture down the middle of each pastry strip, then brush with beaten egg on one edge.
- Fold the other side of the pastry over onto the egg-washed edge. Press down to seal and trim any excess.
- Place the sausage rolls onto a baking tray and transfer to the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, or until crisp and golden and the sausage meat is completely cooked through.
Needs more flavor. Next time I will try adding BBQ sauce.