Big Sausage Rolls for Picnics / Lunch
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the mushrooms until soft. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, thyme and sausage meat and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the puff pastry into 8 x 2½-inch strips.
- Place a layer of sausage meat mixture down the middle of each pastry strip, then brush with beaten egg on one edge.
- Fold the other side of the pastry over onto the egg-washed edge. Press down to seal and trim any excess.
- Place the sausage rolls onto a baking tray and transfer to the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, or until crisp and golden and the sausage meat is completely cooked through.