Great for a party or a potluck meal. I usually make my own French Bread but I've also used store bought French Bread before and it works well too.
- 1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion (or a few shakes of onion powder, about 1/4 tsp.)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2-1 lb deli roast beef (and or or other sandwich meat)
- pickle (optional)
- Mix all the spread ingredients together.
- Slice a loaf of French bread lengthwise.
- Spread mixture on the inside of both halves.
- Top bottom half with any combination of sandwich meats that you desire.
- Can also be topped with pickles if you wish.
- Place top half of bread on the sandwich and slice into individual servings.
Another hi rating for this speard. Loaded the french bread down with turkey, ham and lettuce after very generously using the spread. This was for a large party we had for my sister. Everyone was very impressed. Had sone extra left over and used it on tortillas just as a snack.
Very interesting! The spread is essentially the makings of a cheese ball prior to chilling, but it makes a really great sandwich spread! We combined our sandwiches with generous helpings of turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, and spread and like another reviewer, we toasted the French bread and sliced out individual sandwiches. This was a really quick, yummy, and filling lunch-thanks so much!
Very good and easy to make. I halved the recipe for me and my husband. Wasn't over-powered by the cream cheese. This would be a good spread for almost any kind of sandwich.