1 hr 20 mins
I whip up this great chili to feed a lot of people. But if you DO have any leftover, it freezes nicely, and will keep in the freezer for 3 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons bacon grease (or veg oil)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (30 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 quarts tomatoes
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 -5 teaspoons chili powder (or to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1In large soup pot, saute onions and green pepper in bacon grease.
- 2Add ground beef and cook and stir until no longer pink.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients.
- 4Bring to a boil, stirring occ.
- 5Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occ.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Pot Chili for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 1172.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 29.5 g