Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I whip up this great chili to feed a lot of people. But if you DO have any leftover, it freezes nicely, and will keep in the freezer for 3 months.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons bacon grease (or veg oil)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (30 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 quarts tomatoes
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 -5 teaspoons chili powder (or to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In large soup pot, saute onions and green pepper in bacon grease.
- Add ground beef and cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occ.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occ.