Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
CLASSIC TUNA SALAD WITH A TOUCH OF BIG POPPA
Make and share this Big Poppas Eat Mo' Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cans tuna in water (OR EQUIVALENT AMOUNT OF TUNA STEAK CHOPPED)
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of fine black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 3 -5 sprigs cilantro (CORIANDER FOR THE BLANCOS)
- 1 medium minced poblano pepper
- 4 medium Spanish olives, minced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (DO NOT USE GENERIC TASTES LIKE CRAP)
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped granny smith apple
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- THIS IS IDIOT PROOF.
- YOU STICK IT ALL IN A BOWL STIR IT UP AND ADD MORE MIRACLE WHIP OF ITS NOT TO YOUR LIKING.
- SERVE ON ICEBERG LEAVES GARNISH WITH THE CILANTRO AND SERVE WITH WHEAT CRACKERS AND MONTERREY JACK CHEESE OR GARLIC BAGEL CHIPS TAMBIEN.
- WHATEVER YOU LIKE-- LEMONADE GOES BEST WITH THIS DISH.
I was sure this was going to be a love it or hate it tuna salad. I was right-we loved it.All those seasonings are not at all overwhelming. The only change I made was the dill - not a fan. Instead I used 1tsp basil, 1tsp marjoram and 1/4tsp thyme. And I used hot, pickled jalapenos. If you're in the mood for a different tuna salad, give this one a try and give it time to meld the flavors.