Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is very easy to make if you can boil water! My sauce is excellent with this dish (Spaghetti Sauce Made With Pork Neck Bone! Italy 1870-1900!--Give it a try)!
- 14 large pasta shells
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 198.44 g ricotta cheese or 198.44 g cottage cheese
- 118.29 ml bacon, fried and drained
- 425.24 g your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil shells for no longer that 6 minutes, remove from heat and drain, let cool to handle.
- In a large bowl beat egg, stir in Ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Add 3/4 of the mozzarella and 1/3 of the Paremesan cheese along with the chopped parsley,chop the bacon up in small pieces and add.
- Mix well together.
- Spread 4-5 tablespoons of sauce on the bottom of glass dish (13x9x2).
- Stuff shells with filling sprinkel with remaining cheese, add remainder of the sauce. Cover with aluminum foil about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 5 minutes without foil.
- Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
Very easy and yummy!! I made this exactly as stated, which I don't normally do, and it was really good! Thanks for the post. I'll be making this again.