Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe jotted on a piece of scrap paper while I was cleaning off my desk. I don't know where it's from and I haven't made it. I hope to try them soon. If you make them please let me know about prep time, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast coconut in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix shortening, sugars, vanilla and coconut extracts, and egg on low speed.
- In a separate bowl, combing oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and coconut.
- Add oat mixture to wet mixture and mix on low speed until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop level 1/4 cupfuls of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press dough into rounds using bottom of measuring cup.
- Bake 15-20 min., until golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.