1/2 Photos of Big Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Sunset's Cookies, cookbook. My DH thinks these are the greatest! I admit that they do make great gifts. From the intro: "Oversized cookies, often best-sellers at fund-raising events, are easy to make at home. [These...] reach a diameter of about 7 inches -- enough cookie to last all day! For variety, you can use butterscotch-flavored chips instead of chocolate."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate or 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups nuts, chopped
- granulated sugar
- 1Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl of an electric mixer, until creamy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 2In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, blending thoroughly.
- 3Add oats, chocolate chips, and nuts; mix well.
- 4Shape each cookie by spooning dough into a 1/2-cup measure, level off, and turn out onto a greased baking sheet. Space cookies a minimum of 6 inches apart and 2 1/2 from edge of baking sheet.
- 5Lightly grease the bottom of a pie pan, dip in granulated sugar, and use to flatten each cookie into a 5 1/2-inch circle. To even each cookie's thickness, press it lightly with your finger, if necessary.
- 6Bake in a 350 degree farenheit oven for about 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place on baking sheets and allow to cool for 5 minutes; transfer to racks to cool completely.
- 7Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7399.5
- Calories from Fat 4460
- Total Fat 495.5 g
- Saturated Fat 248.8 g
- Cholesterol 860.0 mg
- Sodium 8171.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 752.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 100.4 g
- Sugars 336.2 g
- Protein 139.5 g