Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you want a one burger meal. This is it. Serve with some fries and your done. Juicy and delish!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ounces smoked bacon
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (the real stuff, not the powdery stuff)
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, without the crust
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ciabatta
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cucumber
- 4 pickles, sliced
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Cut the bacon and the parmesan into small cubes.
- Mix the beef, bacon, parmesan, worcester sauce and eggs together.
- Soak the whole-weat bread under the tap and squeeze out the water so it goes mushy. Add to the meat mixture. This will be a sort of glue for the patties so they stay the right shape. Also works with meatballs.
- Divide me mixture into 4 even balls.
- Shape the balls into whatever shape and thickness you like.
- Fry the patties for about 5 minutes on each side or until they have reached your preferred doneness.
- Cut the ciabatta into 4 even pieces and spread some mayo on the bottom half. Pile on the lettuce, tomato, pickles, avocado, cucumber and top off with a squirt of kethup.
- Hey presto your done. If you've done it right it'll be hard to stick it in your mouth in one go. This just adds to the pleasure of eating. Eat with hands!