Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great burger from Paula Deen!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces American cheese, cut into six portions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- hot sauce, preferably Paula Deen's
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 12 hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 slices onions
- PECAN BURGER:.
- Preheat broiler or grill. Divide ground beef into 12 flat patties. Partially sauté bacon - the fat should start rendering, but it shouldn't be crispy. Drain bacon. Mix pecans, parsley, onion, and butter together. Spread mixture on 6 of the patties. Top with remaining 6 patties and seal the edges with the partially sauteed bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick. Broil or grill 10-15 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness, turning once.
- BUTTER BURGER:.
- Salt and pepper the beef to taste. Mix the beef and cubed butter together with your hands and form 6 balls. Push a piece of American cheese into the center of each ball. Mold ground beef around the cheese in the shape of a patty. Cook on hot grill or in skillet to desired doneness.
- SPECIAL SAUCE:.
- Stir all ingredients together until well blended.
- TO SERVE:.
- Place 1 pecan burger on a bottom piece of 6 buns. Top with another bottom piece of but and the butter burger. Top with sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion and a top piece ov the bun. Discard or save for another use the remaining 6 top bun pieces.