1/1 Photo of Big Meanie's Meat & Zucchini Lasagna
2 hrs 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A very healthy Lasagna recipe without all the pasta. Great way for this bariatric patient to still get one of my favorite dishes. I also like to add a little low-fat ricotta cheese to the bottom layer from time to time to change it up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the zucchini lengthwise in 1/8-inch thick strips. Place in bowl and coat with salt.
- 2Lay zucchini out on paper towels. Let set for 1 hour to pull out moisture.
- 3In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion about 2 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic.
- 4Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- 5Stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano, nutmeg and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, stir occasionally, the tomatoes should break down & the sauce thicken.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Blot the zucchini dry with paper towels.
- 8Use one third of zucchini strips to line 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Top evenly with 1/3 of the sauce, & shredded cheese. Place 1/2 of the remaining zucchini strips on top, then 1/2 the sauce & cheese. Repeat this process one more time: using the layers.
- 9Bake about 45-50 minutes until the sauce starts to bubble.
- 10Let cool and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Meanie's Meat & Zucchini Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 958.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat mozzarella