Recipe by *Parsley*
Yep. Inspired by the McDonald's Big Mac. A Parsley original. Just because it's a salad, doesn't mean it's diet food. ;)
Top Review by SparkleKristy
This was crazily, unexpectedly yummy! I had my doubts. I've never been a big fast food customer. But for all my gourmet type cooking and dining, when the chips are down and I am STRESSED... I NEED a Big Mac. This totally fit the bill. I did make two slight changes. I used rehydrated onions instead of fresh, since they don't seem fresh on the burger. I also added some to the dressing. I tossed in some roughly chopped hamburger dill slices into the salad as well to cover that part of the experience. Next time, I may reheat the bread too so it is warm in the salad.
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast all eight pieces of bread until just lightly golden-brown. Let cool and cut into cubes; set aside.
- Brown and drain the extra lean ground beef. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked and cooled ground beef, toasted bread cubes,finely chopped onions, shredded lettuce and cheese; toss well. Place in a large salad/serving bowl.
- In a seperate small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. You can either leave it drizzled or toss everything to evenly coat salad.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.