Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yep. Inspired by the McDonald's Big Mac. A Parsley original. Just because it's a salad, doesn't mean it's diet food. ;)
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Toast all eight pieces of bread until just lightly golden-brown. Let cool and cut into cubes; set aside.
- Brown and drain the extra lean ground beef. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked and cooled ground beef, toasted bread cubes,finely chopped onions, shredded lettuce and cheese; toss well. Place in a large salad/serving bowl.
- In a seperate small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. You can either leave it drizzled or toss everything to evenly coat salad.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This was crazily, unexpectedly yummy! I had my doubts. I've never been a big fast food customer. But for all my gourmet type cooking and dining, when the chips are down and I am STRESSED... I NEED a Big Mac. This totally fit the bill. I did make two slight changes. I used rehydrated onions instead of fresh, since they don't seem fresh on the burger. I also added some to the dressing. I tossed in some roughly chopped hamburger dill slices into the salad as well to cover that part of the experience. Next time, I may reheat the bread too so it is warm in the salad.
Alright number one big mac fan right here, but I have not have had one in years. I made this quite a bit more healthy and scaled it down. Heres what I did I used lean ground turkey, whole wheat bread, miracle whip, low fat cheese... yeah so I pretty much killed it lol. BUT it still tasted wonderful. To make it a but more authentic I sprays the bread with cooking spray then sprinkles them with sesame seeds to taste more like their buns and the whole salad as well. I did add more lettuce tho. By far the number one recipe I think I have come across on this site! Served these with oven baked fries, prefect healthier version of a Mc D's meal!
SO GOOD! I'll make it again with ground turkey but other than that, it was SO GOOD!