Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This cheeseburger pizza is so different from the others on 'zaar' I renamed it 'Big Mac' because it tastes like a big mac only better. My son Christopher was served this as an appetizer at a bar. Very surprising how good.
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle thousand island dressing, with bacon
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked
- 3 cups colby-monterey jack cheese or 3 cups cheddar cheese, etc
- 5 pieces bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2-1 cup diced dill pickle (pickle relish)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle prepared mustard
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- heat oven 400.
- spread dressing over pizza crust using less or more depending on your taste.
- spread hamburger on top.
- top with the cheese and bacon.
- bake about 8 min until cheese is melted.
- top with lettuce,pickles,tomatoe,onion, and mustard.
- cut into slices and serve immediately.
- I CUT THE PIZZA RIGHT AFTER IT COMES OUT OF THE OVEN AND LET EVERYBODY TOP IT THEMSELVES, WITH THEIR FAVORITE TOPPINGS.
We made individual pizzas, with the kids making their own (cheese and pepperoni of course) and hubby and I making these. I added the onion to the pan and browned them, and added a bit of salt. I also added some sesame seeds to the edge of my crust! I was very, very tasty...I think american cheese slices would make it closer to a big mac. We have pizza night in our house once a week, and I will definitely keep this is in the rotation!
Tastes very close to a Big Mac. I think next time I would make a few changes such as adding the dried minced onions and some salt to the ground beef when browning. Also, I think I put the thousand island dressing on too thick. I would spread it much thinner next time. You can always add more, but taking away is difficult. My daughter enjoyed this very much and it was so quick to prepare - dinner in 30 minutes!
great recipe made this for the kids once and they beg for it at least once a week. Thanks for posting!