Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I worked in a group home with 7 elderly ladies who like meatloaf. On this day I didn't have eggs so I kinda just threw in some stuff and this is what we dubbed it. My little ladies just loved it. The joke always was don't let me get bored in the kitchen.
- Combine all ingredients except for cheese; mix well.
- Take approximately 1/2 of meat mix and flatten it out on a sheet of wax paper, sprinkle cheese on top.
- Take one end of meat and roll to other end like a jelly roll.
- Place in a cake pan of sorts.
- Repeat with remaining 1/2 of meat.
- If you like a type of crust on meat loaf, I crush a few crackers add salad dressing and a bit of cheese.
- Spread it on top of the meatloaves.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
I used the leftovers the next day and made grilled meatloaf sandwiches! Amazing!
My family liked alot. I also used relish instead of pickles and bread crumbs instead of crackers. This is a very good way to use up the bottle of salad dressing and relish in the fridge. Will definitely keep this one.
Good recipe! Here are my recommendations for the other ingredients. 2/3 cup crackers, crushed 1/2 cup chopped onion 1/4 cup chooped pickles 1 cup Thousand Island dressing 1 cup shredded cheese. I substituted relish for the pickles, bread crumbs for crackers, and used Easy, Spicy, 1000 Island Dressing for dressing. All that's needed is lettuce and a sesame seed bun! Thanks for posting!