Recipe by Sharon123
I love a good macaroni salad! Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri, 2007, changed around just a bit! Macaroni salad was first found in early 20th century cookbooks.
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles, 1/4-inch tube (or use small shell pasta-or try rainbow rotini pasta-whole wheat pasta is best)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mayonnaise (The pasta absorbs the mayo, so use enough to make it "wet". )
- 1⁄2-2 tablespoon minced garlic (2 tbls. is alot!)
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 3⁄4 cup minced red onion (or green onions)
- 3⁄4 cup minced Peppadew pepper (may substitue cubanelle or anaheim peppers-you might just use roasted red bell peppers)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced (can chop in the food processor)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced (can chop in the food processor)
- 1⁄4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced pepperoncini pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepot, boil water and add salt. Add pasta, cook until al dente,about 8-9 minutes, and place into an ice water bath.
- In a medium mixing bowl add mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, and vinegar. Mix to combine and place in refrigerator to keep chilled while pasta cools. To cool quickly, spread pasta on a baking sheet and place in refrigerator for about 20 minutes, or till cool.
- When pasta is cool, mix in mayonnaise mixture and all vegetables. Mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper. Place into refrigerator and chill for 1 hour for the flavors to combine. This is even better the next day!