Recipe by monicasheree
All the taste of a Big Mac but none of the guilt!
Top Review by PSU Lioness
I was a little skeptical of this after I assembled it. It didn't look like much and I didn't think it could rival a Big Mac, but it was excellent and it really stuck to my ribs! I followed the directions except that I added the tomatoes to the meat/onion/pickle mixture to bake them and I used Cheddar cheese slices since that is what I had. I honestly can't believe how much it tasted like biting into a Big Mac. Even the crescent roll dough tasted just like the bread. The pickle and onion amount was perfect and I thought there wouldn't be enough cheese but it worked out well. Thank you so much for posting! This will definitely be added to the regular rotation recipes in our house!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 3 dill pickle spears, diced
- 6 slices fat-free American cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 10 tablespoons fat-free thousand island salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onion in a pan.
- Add diced pickle.
- Pour in an 11x8 casserole dish.
- Place the slices of cheese even over the beef mixture.
- Unroll crescent dough and lay on top. Seams don't have to be pinched together.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown.
- Serve topped with lettuce, tomato, and Thousand Island.