Recipe by abbydabby
I found a lowfat oatmeal cookie recipe on foodfit.com and made some changes - added eggbeaters and light butter, rather than real eggs and full-fat butter - to make them even lower in fat/cholesterol. Don't overcook them - they will dry out. Add raisins or chocolate chips - both very yummy in these cookies. ENJOY!!!
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons light butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly spray two baking sheets with the cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together with an electric mixer. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla and mix until blended about 2 minutes. Add the flour mixture to the applesauce mixture and mix well together. Stir in the oats.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets about two inches apart.
- Bake until slightly golden, about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on for 5 minutes.